Take a Look Back
Once you cancel your iPage subscription, you may have a hard time un-cancelling it. If worse comes to worst, you might not just have hard time, but have no chance of retrieving it at all. So if you’re thinking of cancelling your iPage subscription, make sure that when you make your decision:
- You’re one hundred percent sure about what you’re about to do.
- You’re well informed with what the outcome would be.
- You know what and what not to do thereafter.
- You don’t intend to reapply. (Not that it isn’t allowed, it’s just good to be sure when making a decision.)
- You have read iPage’s user agreement.
- You have read iPage’s cancellation policy.
- You know about the 30 day money back guarantee.
If you’ve checked this list and it seems to you that you’re ready to cancel your iPage hosting account, then feel free to do so. If not, be wary of your decision, as it may be hard to mend cancelled web hosting plans.
Factors To Consider
Why cancel your iPage account? Well there are some reasons why people would want to cancel their account. Such as:
- Features were not as it was advertised.
- Programs didn’t work well, or worked inadequately.
- The maintenance of your website started to become too tasking for you.
- The fees don’t seem fair, or are contrary to the budget you have.
- The customer support didn’t fare too well, either due to misunderstandings, misinterpretations, rude gestures, etc.
- Personal reasons
These are a few reasons former iPage users may have complained about, and if you’re experiencing any of the above, then you might be considering the cancellation of your account as well.
iPage Policy and the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Although many users are satisfied with the services rendered by iPage, having ‘unsubscribers’ or people who opt out of their web hosting services is inevitable – especially since service varies on taste, on culture, and on many other factors. This is why iPage offers a money back guarantee, this guarantee states that any credit card paying customer may be eligible for the money back guarantee. When you decide to end your subscription, the fee you paid for the remaining unused months will be refunded. But for those who have not even reached one month, may make use of the 30 day money back guarantee. This 30 day guarantee gives you back all of what you paid whether for a one year plan, a two year plan, or a three year plan.
But before anything else, here are a few things you need to know about iPage’s anytime money back guarantee and 30 day money back guarantee:
- If you go over one month, you will fall under iPage’s anytime money back guarantee instead of the 30 day money back guarantee. This means you will not be refunded the whole payment. You will only be refunded of what is left.
- All full refunds may only be done within the first 30 days from the date of application.
- You will have to pay fifteen dollars ($15) for your domain fee when applying for a money back guarantee.
- Both guarantees will only be applicable to those paid via credit card. Debit card and paypal payers are not eligible for both money back guarantees.
For Debit Card and PayPal Users
Unfortunately, iPage does not offer the money back guarantee to paypal and debit card users for the reason that it would be a long, laborious and costly process. A good tip for non-credit card payers is that you should finish your subscription. It would be a waste if you cancel your account and get nothing in return, so the best thing you can do is enjoy what’s left of what you paid for.