About iPage Hosting
When transferring to a new webhost it is best to know what you’re benefits and essentials are before knowing the steps to completing your transfer to iPage. A leader in webhosting iPage brings over a decade of experience and expertise to its web developers and users alike. Not only does it offer low rates at $1.99 per month it also provides unmatched quality in its products and services. When signing up with iPage web hosting, your basic package will include the following features:
- Free domain registration (for the first year)
- Free marketing credits
- Free SiteLock Security
- Free site building tools
- Free point and click site builder
- Free online store
- Free blog
- Free script library
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage space
- Unlimited emails
- Anytime money-back guarantee
iPage hosting also has optional features you can choose to add on to your basic hosting package such as: premium SSL certificates, domain privacy, an automatic site backup and recovery as well as directory listing and SEO services. You only need to contact the iPage support team to have any of the mentioned add-ons activated for your hosting plan.
Hosting Plan Key Points
While there are many different webhosts in the industry, you only need to look on two important key points to consider in a webhosting plan. These are as follows:
1. Hosting Quality
2. Hosting Affordability
These two will mainly impact your site as well as your budget positively and iPage web hosting offers both. Can you transfer your site to iPage? Yes, you can. To get your transfer started reviewing terms and condition that may apply to your current service term is a must. This way you can avoid any penalty and be aware of the requirements before your transfer to iPage webhosting can be completed. You may opt to transfer your domain name only while keeping all your files with your current web host or opt to completely transfer all your files and databases to your iPage storage space. Whichever you choose the next step will commence transfer. You only need to sign up with iPage hosting as the first step to your web host transfer.
How to transfer your website to iPage Hosting
When making a transfer to iPage hosting there are two options to choose from: (a) simple online configuration (b) complex transfer and configuration. Once confirmation is done from your current web host of what falls within service terms, then you can commence with the transfer process of choice by signing up with iPage hosting. These are the guidelines you can refer to in order to complete your site transfer.
1. You need to manually unlock your domain name with your existing web host.
2. Go and login to your iPage web hosting account.
3. Go to the control panel.
4. Get into your iPage “Domain Central.”
5. Enter the domain name you want transferred under the field “Add Domain Name.”
6. Click on the “Add” button.
7. Click on the “More Info” option from the Domain Central list to get your domain name.
8. An authorization code will be requested. Place it in the text box.
9. When the “Transfer to iPage” button appears click on it to continue the process.
10. You will receive instructions on your iPage administrative email, follow them.
11. Complete and confirm your transfer request.
When you are able to complete your site transfer to iPage you can simply continue and begin managing your website. You can also visit http://www.ipage.com/ or contact the iPage support team anytime via chat, email and phone 24×7 for any further queries or add-ons.