Ecommerce, electronic commerce, is the term used for online business transactions. Many business owners have found ecommerce useful, as it extends their business to another medium – to another demographic. Ecommerce is seen as one of the latest advancements in business of this time.
There are many reasons why ecommerce can be seen as the latest advancement in business. Some of which are:
- Ecommerce extends a business’ market to that of the cyber world.
- Ecommerce builds budding businesses, without having to spend as much for leasing a commercial area.
- Ecommerce makes the entire shopping, paying or banking experience easier for a business’ customers as to because these tasks can now be as easy as a click.
- Ecommerce makes business transactions easy for the business owner as well, not having to worry about rent, space, and sometimes even staff.
For those of you who are looking into getting into the ecommerce industry, there are a few aspects of ecommerce you should know about. Namely:
- Payments done online – This type of transaction is usually done for online bill payments. Some companies allow the payment of bills on their websites, so as long as you have an account and have your payment details at the ready. This makes the task of paying bills easy. This also means that there will be no need for you to go to the biller’s actual establishment at all, if any.
- Purchases done online – Sometimes looking for items can be hard and time-consuming. This type of ecommerce solves this problem. With the ease of online purchasing, one will not find the need to continue looking for an item store after store.
- Banking done online – Deposit your money, withdraw your money and check your bills online without having to go to the bank.
- Auctioning done online –This makes it easy not only for the auctioneer, but also to the buyer. Without having to arrange a time and date, all one needs is to set a deadline for when the auction closes.
- Booking done online – Ticketing office lines can be very time-consuming and tiring, this type of ecommerce transaction solves this problem for those on the go and busy people.
iPage’s Ecommerce Tools
Bulleted below are the ecommerce tools iPage supplies its users with:
- Shopping carts – Shopping carts are programs used in online businesses. These programs are named shopping carts, because they represent a shopping cart for online businesses. The shopping cart ecommerce tool can be used by businesses that have items on sale, for easy transactions, easy paying, and efficient item stocking. Shopping carts have to distinct parts: the storefront and the admin area. The storefront is where customers can see the products, products prices, availability, etc. The admin area is exclusive to the business owner and/or staff only. This is where all the product descriptions and prices are edited before being disclosed on the storefront area.
- Credit card processing – Without this tool, online payments can be a real hassle. Since payments with real bills can’t be done online, one must use their credit card information for paying their bills. So for you to be able to put up an online store with efficient payment terms, you must have this tool for your business.
- SSL Certificates – SSL or Secure Sockets Layer is some type of protocol used by iPage to protect and secure your website. What this protects and secures is the user’s information. Whenever a payment transaction is happening, valuable information is given out such as credit card information and/or Paypal information; what SSL does is it secures this information.
- SEO Services and Directory Listing – for you to gain customers, you need online publicity. SEO or search engine optimization is used for just that. What it does is it generates more traffic on your website by placing it on strategic positions on web searches for easy access by viewers.