Website development is not as difficult as it seems. Yes, some companies require the help of web developers in creating theirs; but these websites are often complicated jobs that need the help of professionals. If you want a basic website, something that you can use to share your knowledge, service, or product with the rest of the online world, then all you need is a good website builder. This doesn’t mean that your website will turn out static and boring. The features of site builders are now so comprehensive that they can help you create great looking, highly functional, dynamic websites that you can use for different purposes, whether it’s for information dissemination or even selling.
Before getting a site builder
Prior to purchasing or choosing an appropriate website builder, there are some things that you need to have or know if you plan on making a website yourself. Here is a list:
1. Quality hosting – You need to choose a good hosting service provider. Part of the selection process is looking into the different site builders that the provider uses or supports. iPage is one of the top companies in the field of web hosting. The company not only provides all the necessary hosting solutions, they also promise the best uptime rate, excellent security, and round-the-clock customer support.
2. Website plan – It is important to know what you want to post online. Even if it is just an outline of the major pages that you will have on your website, you need to plot it and come up with a way to organize your web content. This can actually have an impact on the choice of website builder.
3. Assess your knowledge in website development – Before getting a site builder, you must take inventory of the tools that you know how to use. You must also take your web development skills into consideration when you write your plan for the website. Why? You might come up with a complicated plan requiring the use of complex applications or software. This is okay if you are skilled enough to use all these tools and implement your plan.
However, if you are just starting out, it is best to stick to site builders that are designed for use by beginners. You can move on to more complex tools once you gain experience and know-how.
iPage’s site builder is ideal for beginners and experts alike
There are many ways that you can employ to create your website. There are scripts, besides HTML, that one can use for different functions. If you know PHP and CSS then your job will be a lot easier. If you don’t, then it is not the end of the line yet. iPage has collaborated with the people who created the world’s top content management systems, namely Joomla and WordPress, in order to come up with website designs and templates that you can readily use. These templates are created by other users who wish to share their work. If you cannot find what you want, you can always check out iPage’s collection of web templates. You can settle for their free offerings or pay a fee to access their premium themes. After choosing a template, all you need to do is to install and customize it.
How to use iPage’s site builder
iPage makes use of the Weebly site builder. This is a world-renowned drag-and-drop builder that enables quick and easy customization of the elements of a website page. Here are a few tips that you can follow in using the Weebly site builder:
1. You can add any element and put it anywhere on your webpage. However, it is advisable that you think wisely where you will place each. It is important that you place your content in such a way that the information is easily read and not overly cramped.
2. Avoid placing excessive media on a page because this will affect the loading speed.
3. Conduct a beta-test on your website. Ask acquaintances or friends to go check out your website and look for bugs or things to modify.
4. Use the Advanced Settings of the builder to add Meta keywords. This will boost the website’s SEO ranking.