Why should I need to run vBulletin Forums on iPage?
If you are looking towards generating more traffic to your online forum page, then vBulletin should be a great help for you. vBulletin is an open-source application that is powered by PHP and mySQL and is designed to attract visitors to your website by creating a user-generated content or UGC while helping keep your online forum clean and free from spam and other unnecessary posts. It has an attractive user-interface and a user-friendly dashboard which allows you to do a lot of things including publishing of texts or categories, changing of templates and managing your forum community.
How much does running vBulletin on iPage cost?
As vBulletin has been made proprietary, running it could cost a significant amount of money. A regular vBulletin package could cost between $250 and $350, which is often more expensive than a regular iPage package. However, if you use iPage, you need not pay for any additional cost in order to use the application software as iPage fully supports vBulletin and lets you use it at no extra cost.
How can I run vBulletin on iPage?
iPage users need not worry about the complexities of installing vBulletin and setting up an online forum website. You simply need to follow a few simple steps and you will be up and running in no time at all. These are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your iPage account and proceed to the Control Panel.
- Look and click the icon “Simple Scripts” on your control panel.
- Next, look for the “Forum” in the categories and then open the vBulletin icon.
- You need to fill out the form for the installation preferences. Make sure that you select your preferred vBulletin version and also include the URL of your website.
- Click on the “Begin Installation’ button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation process is completed, you may look for the newly installed forum on your website.
It is important that you take advantage of the anti-spam feature that vBulletin has developed which keeps spammers away while also preventing unwanted posts and messages from reaching your members’ inbox. This should be taken into consideration during the set-up process.
What important tips should I know in running vBulletin on iPage?
Forums are always vulnerable to attacks, spammers and unwanted posts from anybody who wish to cause your online forum harm. These are some tips in order to keep your vBulletin safe and secure:
- Make sure you are running the latest version of vBulletin. This is important since bug fixes are almost always found in the most updated versions making sure that you are running a safe and secure software.
- Use a password that is hard to guess. Do not use a password that comes from your name or of names of persons that is close to the forum or of dates of important events of your life or of your site. It is advisable that letters and numbers are combined to form a single password.
- Be vigilant in monitoring new members of your site. You need to closely monitor the activities of the new members of your site, as spammers jump in and out of website in order to create chaos and cause harm.
- Constantly delete and clean posts from the database. It is not enough to simply delete the entries from the users’ view but it is important to clean it from the database to prevent hackers from viewing sensitive information.
- Use verification tools such as CAPTCHA and e-mail verification process to get rid of spammers who use auto-registration processes.
- Use Typepad or Akismet or any other anti-spam service for your online forum website.