Once you decide to acquire a domain name, it is important to look for a hosting provider that can provide you with one. With a domain name from a hosting provider, it can provide a big impact in the way visitors and search engine spiders view it. Always bear in mind that domain names were costly in the past that only those with a brand can afford to own one. At the present, getting a domain name is easy and if you know where to look, you might be lucky to gain one for free. If you do not have a domain name, your online business will be considered an amateur one. For those with an online business without a domain name, it is best to consider getting one from one of the hosting providers in the market.
Getting a domain name
There are two ways to acquire a domain name. You can register your domain name you have chosen on your own or choose a web hosting provider or ISP to register it for you. When registering a domain name yourself, you have to select a Registrar. Take note that a Registrar should be an ICANN recognized domain registration establishment. With a simple search, there are several Registrars online right now. If you will opt for a web hosting provider, they usually offer domain registration services. Once you will register a domain name, they will register it via their own accepted Registrar. A pro of letting your web hosting provider record your domain name on your behalf is that they already carried out this process several times, thus they possess all the required information. In doing so, it can help save a lot of time as long as you will provide them with your correct domain name.
Acquiring a domain name and web hosting
If you are planning to establish a website, there are two essential requirements.
- Domain name
- Web hosting provider
It is essential to purchase both before doing anything with your website. It is best to purchase services for an extended period so that it will be more affordable. The recommended web hosting providers in the market includes Bluehost and GoDaddy. Both are priced competitively and capable of providing great customer service.
Considerations when choosing a hosting provider
When acquiring a domain name for your website, it is important to take note that there are considerations to bear in mind during the selection process in order to find the right hosting provider.
- Price is the initial factor to check when choosing a hosting provider that will provide you with your domain name. The cheapest option is not necessarily the best option, particularly for those who depend on the website to earn money. During the selection process, take a close look at the features offered based on the price given.
- The specialty or focus of the hosting provider is also a factor. Make sure that you have checked the area of expertise of the hosting provider you are considering. Choose one that truly understands your needs.
- Limitations of a particular hosting provider should be checked. If your main objective is to host an ecommerce site or blog with rich content and videos, it is not advisable to choose the cheapest hosting plan since there are limitations.
- Technical support provided must be superior in quality. Check the ways you can get in touch with your hosting provider.
- Features that can cater to all your hosting needs.
- The hardware offered should be the latest.
- Check the customer reviews and the overall reputation of the hosting provider you are considering.
Getting a domain name is not that easy due to the wide selection of hosting providers in the market right now. Just make sure that you will choose a reputable and reliable one so that you can start operating your website right away.