Many website designers are taking advantage of Java, Shockwave and Flash in creating their websites. These tools are indispensable when creating a website.
Java is one of the most successful programming languages for the operation and development of web applications. It has achieved extensive acceptance mainly due to its application transferability. There are many applications and websites that will not function unless Java is installed. As one of the preferred choice for web applications, Java now runs in billions of devices such as mobile phones.
So, what can Java technology do for me? The implementation of Java gives you development tools. These tools will provide you with things you need for compiling, processing, monitoring, debugging, and recording your applications. With the Application Programming Interface (API) functionality, it provides varied useful classes in your applications.
Website designers also make use of Shockwave and Flash to add animation, sounds and other multimedia effects to their websites. Shockwave uses Macromedia Director. Information is streamed into the web browser through a plug-in browser support. The Adobe Shockwave was introduced before Flash and it focuses on 3D graphics and streaming videos. Flash on the other hand is purposively used in websites to create complex content in an easy manner. This is done with the least amount of space and time. Flash focuses on 2D animation
Why use the support of Java, Shockwave and Flash in your website?
As lots of websites have been emerging, designers continually look for means for their website to stand out and attract more viewers. The following are some of the benefits you can derive when using Shockwave and Flash in your website:
- It will make your web pages more interesting and interactive. It can be used to create banners and advertisements.
- It can visually enhance your website through the use of multimedia and special effects
- You can add complex features in your website such as online games.
Java is widely known on web servers. Here are some of the reasons why you should be using Java:
- Java is beginner friendly. It is easy to design and write which makes it easier than other programming languages.
- Java is reliable. It puts emphasis on checking for possible problem and errors.
- Java is multithreaded; architecturally neutral; object-oriented and dynamic.
- Java can be used to create standalone applications which can run in a network of computers or on a single computer.
Java, Flash and Shockwave are great tools used in developing websites. However, you might want to consider things first before using these.
Below are some of the drawbacks in using Flash:
- Flash requires a plug-in
- Speed limitations
- Accessibility is impaired
- It has become the industry standard for lower end animation
- Search engines can’t read them
The main disadvantage in using the Shockwave is that it requires the user to download and install extra software for it to function.
The following concerns Java:
- It consumes more memory than any other programming languages
- Programs written in Java sometimes can have slight problems depending on the platform used to run the Java virtual machines. This is due to the reason that it is difficult to write a flawless program on a virtual machine.
Addressing Security Issues
Security issues have always been plaguing the creators of different application programs. These programs can be made vulnerable to an attacker who will maliciously exploit the system using codes.
In its effort to fight Java attackers, Oracle prevented the implementation of unsigned applets without user interaction. This encourages developers to sign their Java Web Applications digitally with valid certificates.
Adobe recommends that the latest updates be installed to Shockwave and Flash to counter attackers using malicious codes in the program.
It is comforting to know that the designers have not stopped to upgrade their inventions in order to combat security attacks.