If you are caught in a standstill whether to choose reseller hosting or buying your own servers, it is best to take a close look at the two first before making a decision. With reseller hosting, it basically involves purchasing a substantial hosting package from a particular web hosting company and reselling it to other clients in smaller parts. In a reseller hosting scheme, all you have to do is to purchase and pay a fixed price for the server space, divide the bandwidth and hard disk into smaller sizes and resell hosting using your own brand name. Obviously, you charge clients based on the price that you find profitable.
Reseller hosting – What it is all about
Majority of individuals consider reseller hosting as an affordable option to shared web hosting. With reseller hosting, it provides you with the capability to setup separate client accounts for every individual website you are hosting. Additionally, you will also enjoy additional tools that can help you resell hosting space in an organized and simple manner. When managing a reseller hosting account, it is a hassle-free experience. You are not required to possess any technical knowledge on managing the servers. Since you do not handle a physical server, the responsibility for maintaining the bandwidth, hardware, IT and other aspects are handled by the hosting provider. If there are issues, all you have to do is to get in touch with your hosting provider.
Reasons why you should choose reseller hosting
With reseller hosting, there are several reasons why it is the best option.
- Website templates that are free
- 24/7 FTP accessibility
- White label technical support
- Private and customized nameservers
Additionally, reseller hosting enables you to charge your clients with what you want for the setup, signup, renewal, add-ons, domain registration and many more. As a reseller, you can establish you own profit margin and come up with as much revenue that you want. If you are more experienced with the promotional aspect, you will surely earn a lot more.
Buying your own server
Whether you manage a small scale business or a company, you definitely need a server. A server basically operates a specialized operating system that is specifically structured to support several users. It is capable of running several applications. If you believe that servers require a team of IT professionals, it is not entirely true. Systems offered by HP and IBM were developed so that individuals who are not technically-inclined can easily setup and manage on their own.
Why buy your own server?
There are certain reasons why it is best to purchase your own server. If you have the budget to purchase one, you should take a look at what you will gain.
- Speed is definitely an advantage if your site is supported by a dedicated server. Additionally, you do not have to worry about other sites slowing your site down anymore.
- Security is one benefit that you will surely enjoy if you have your own server. With shared hosting servers, there are thousands of users being accommodated. If you are running a business through your website, personal details and credit card numbers are at high risk. With your own dedicated server, you do not have to worry about other users since you alone can access the server.
- Flexibility is possible if you have your own server. You can install the software and hardware that you want.
- With your own server, there are no limitations on what you can do with your site.
- Stability is provided if you have your own server. Since you are not sharing with others, you do not have to worry on what they are doing that might affect your site.