Dedicated hosting is a web hosting server wherein you rented a server for your own use only. This means you are not sharing a server with other websites. It is also flexible wherein the organization have full control over the server this includes the choice of operating system (OS), the hardware, software, among others. The web hosting provider also manages and secures your website. Another add-on service is the server administration.
Just like in colocation hosting, the dedicated servers are housed in data centres. This means there are redundant power sources and HVAC systems.
The Benefits of Dedicated Hosting
With dedicated hosting your website is hosted on your own server because of this the traffic of your website will increase. Uptime is 100% guaranteed too.
Dedicated hosting creates high performance too as it will not compete with the demand and resources from other websites. It has its own CPUs and you can use all of the bandwidth provided by the server. This will optimize the speed and performance of your website. You can also use the amount of disk space provided by the server. It has also unlimited email stability.
Since your website is housed in data centres, your website will be secured because of its complete security facilities that can protect your websites and your data. There is also a good internet connection and redundant power supply for your website.
Your privacy is also protected with its security measures. Another benefit of dedicated hosting is that you can choose the hardware you want to use and upgrade and configure software. You can also choose the operating system (OS), database, and other applications.
Choosing a Dedicated Hosting Provider
After opting for a dedicated hosting service you are now ready to choose the right dedicated hosting provider for your website. You have to consider the following things in choosing the right dedicated hosting provider:
- First you must know the amount of RAM, bandwidth, and disk space storage that a hosting provider offers. The bigger the amount the better for your website’s use.
- You should also consider what type of control panel the hosting service will provide for you. The two control panels that are mostly used are the cPanel and the Plesk control panel.
- Management of the hosting provider is also important. You have to know how much they allot in managing the server and what management level they offer. Management levels can be a fully managed wherein you can’t manage your server, the hosting providers are the one who monitors the server, updates and performs upgrades and offers security, among others. On the other hand, the managed and self-managed dedicated server, you have the responsibility to manage your server.
- Next are you had to consider the amount of scability which refers to upgrading the server to stay up to date with your needs.
- Lastly you have to consider the security, the technical support, speed, and uptime.
Who should use dedicated hosting?
Dedicated hosting service is ideal for websites that have medium to large sized volume of traffic. With dedicated hosting your website will be maintained and the traffic of your website will be secured.
- Dedicated vs cloud hosting
- Dedicated vs VPS hosting
- Dedicated vs colocation hosting
- Dedicated vs shared hosting
- Is Dedicated Hosting Right for My Website?
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Dedicated Hosting
- What is dedicated server hosting?
- Solid State Drive Hosting
- NVIDIA Tesla GPU Servers
- Xeon 7300 Quad Processor Servers