Managed Hosting is a dedicated server wherein you lease a whole server for your website however the hosting provider is responsible in managing your server in regards to IT issues and infrastructure, upgrading the hardware, installing the software, as well as other administrative tasks. With managed hosting you don’t need to manage your own server the hosting provider will do it for you. Managed hosting is just like outsourcing technical workers who can manage your server.
Who are the users of Managed Hosting?
Managed hosting is becoming popular to users with small to medium sized businesses. It is recommended for a flourishing websites that have a large volume of traffic. These types of websites require maintenance and managed hosting service is the right hosting service for your website.
Since managed hosting is expensive yet cost-effective, corporates with enough money can opt for managed hosting too. It is also for companies that need a full support in their administration and technicalities.
What are the services that managed hosting can offer for your website?
Managed hosting has many benefits and can be of help to you and your website in some ways. The following are the things it can offer for you and your website:
- With managed hosting you will have technical assistance and they will do the troubleshooting for you too. You do not need to hire an IT personnel or technician the hosting provider will do the technical for you.
- Your server will be monitored 24 hours a day and 7 days in a week.
- There is also a regular security evaluation.
- The hosting provider will do the upgrades and updates too. This also includes software packages and other components that you can get needed to update the server at affordable price.
- It will also maintain your server’s system and website.
- Other services of managed hosting include backups, load balancing, disaster recovery, vulnerability scans, intrusion detection (ID) and DDoS or the distributed denial of service prevention and mitigation.
How To Choose Your Managed Hosting Provider
In choosing a managed hosting provider you have to consider the following things:
- First you must know the extent of experience of the hosting provider in offering a managed hosting service and in enforcing global hosting services.
- You must also consider the features of hosting plan and the add-ons included in the package. Unlimited add-ons are better for your server and website.
- Next is the administrative and supervision of hosting provider. They must manage the server well with an expert IT team to do the technical, infrastructure, and troubleshooting.
- Communication must also be given importance. They must assist you anytime you need help in regards to the server and your website.
- The hosting provider must also have a good network to others to help resolve any problems that may arise.
- Lastly you also have to consider the cost if it is worth it and suitable for the features and add-ons of the package and the overall service a managed web hosting provider can offer to you.
- Uptime is also very important. It must be guaranteed 100%. This is good for the stability of your website.
- What to look for in a Managed Hosting Provider
- Is Managed Hosting Right for my Website?
- Benefits/Drawbacks of managed hosting
- What is managed hosting?
- Managed Server Security Services
- Managed Server Monitoring
- Managed Database Administration
- Managed Backup Services
- Can I get shared hosting with managed service?
- How much should I pay for managed hosting?