Reseller web hosting is a form of hosting where account owners enjoy the freedom to use, sell and rent out portion account’s allotted hard drive space and bandwidth he receives to host other websites on behalf of third parties. Basically, the account owner acts like a hosting service provider to those end users.
Individual control panels are usually offered to third-party end user by most reseller hosting packages. However, as these end users are clients of the reseller, they do not enjoy the same level of technical support received by customers of established web hosting firms. This is because the owners of reseller hosting services are not required to possess an extensive knowledge and know-how of web hosting as most of them are entrepreneurs who are keen on starting their own web hosting business.
What are the types of reseller web hosting account?
As web hosting evolved and developed, types of reseller web hosting accounts came into being and is offered into the market. These are:
- Basic Web Hosting Reseller Account – allows account owners to host websites with the reseller accounts or sell shared web hosting accounts to other end users. This type of account is highly preferable to those who are just starting our because of its low overhead costs and allows them to start small and grow as their client base expands. However, owners will have less control with their account compared to VPS.
- Master Reseller Accounts – through the use of a cPanel plug-in, this account allows users to resell their reseller accounts to other resellers in addition. This is usually bundled together with the offer of shared hosting accounts. One drawback of the this type of account is that since the end-user is a client of a reseller who is also a client of another reseller, end-users may have to take their requests way up the chain before their issues are resolved.
- Alpha Reseller Accounts – are accounts where users are allowed for resell the master reseller account in addition to shared hosting accounts and basic reseller accounts. This is more advantageous in a business point of view because users can sell more services compared to the master reseller accounts. The drawback is that the end-user will have to take his request way up farther the chain, much farther than what will be experienced in a master reseller account before he can have his issues resolved.
What comes with your reseller account?
Although each provider may offer some features and services that are unique to their company, most reseller accounts come with:
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Sub Domains
- Unlimited e-mail accounts
- Unlimited MySQL Databases
- Unlimited cPanels
- Unlimited FTP Accounts
- A Free Site Builder Software
- Private Name Servers
- Free Billing Systems
- Free Domain Reseller Account
- Free Website Templates
- WHMCS – a powerful online automation and support tool that handles practically everything, from signup to termination.
- SSL for Reseller Account and hosting domain; and
- Free end-user support
How does reseller hosting work?
After the sign-up process, account owners will be given access to the reseller control panel, most likely the Web Host Manager (WHM). The WHM allows them to manage the account and to provide their customers with their own cPanel. Through the cPanel, end-users will be able to create and to modify their own websites according to their needs, including full control of the sub domains, email addresses, and passwords among others without the need for assistance. And in any event the customer encounters any difficulty, the service provider can and will address the issues 24/7.